Mocha Truffles - dark chocolate and coconut milk - a sweet treat with a hit of antioxidants and healthy fats.
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% - 80%)
- 80 ml full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and heat in a microwave or water bath until it just starts to melt.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut milk, along with the instant coffee and sugar just until it’s coming to the boil. Next, whisk in the almond butter with a pinch of sea salt, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the hot coconut milk mixture into the bowl with the chocolate and stir it very gently and slowly until well combined.
- Fix a layer of clingfilm right over the top of the mixture, to prevent a skin forming and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours, until firm.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with cacao powder and roll a spoonful of the chocolate in it. Shape into balls. Store in the fridge. Serve at room temperature.