Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Bites
Protein-rich peanut butter sandwiched between sweet banana slices and dipped in dark chocolate and coconut for antioxidants and good fats. This snack has so many health benefits, can you call it a treat?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Peel and slice the bananas. Line a tray or chopping board with baking paper.
- Place about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter onto the banana slices and top with another banana slice to make a little ‘sandwich’. You should be able to make around 30 sandwiches.
- Place the bananas on the prepared baking paper and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or using the water bath method.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip each frozen banana sandwich into the melted chocolate so that half of it is coated.
- Place the chocolate covered sandwiches back on the baking paper platter, and into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set, you can transfer the bananas into a container and store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
- The longer the bananas stay in the freezer, the harder they will get. Remove them from the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating.